R1200GS ADVENTURE hard enduro

Space Traveler

C`est pas évident faire ça avec une grosse monture.......l`autre jour j`ai fait une section technique et serré avec ma Super Ténéré pis c`est vraiment plus physique avec une grosse moto et on fatigue plus vite.....

Le dude ye sur ADVRIDER.. en gros la moto pese 495lbs ready to race. ya toute enlever le gars

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-new-rally-is-an-awesome-bike-but-this-is-my-answer-to-it.1249054/

Thanks fellows! Its been over 10 years since I was in a race. So I figured I would take on the rated 4th toughest hard enduro in the world on a GSA! LOL Needless to say my old butt was exhausted from the first mile on. The bike did awesome really. And outside of a few scratches on the rear rim it was in perfect shape. The clutch was also fine, never got hot(don't know why the guy smelled clutch, but it was not mine). Next year I will come back prepared with a year of conditioning, not one week. LOL 

As to the weight......... By simply removing most everything not needed in a closed course race, and only running 1.5 gallons of fuel. I lost about 92lbs. 43 being fuel compared to the wet weight of a brand new one which is 576lbs. I then added a skunkwerks final drive proctor, and AltRider lower crash bars and skid plate. Which ended up about 495lbs ready to race. 

Items removed. All factory crash bars and skid plate, fog lights, rear turn signal and license plate support, rear upper and lower luggage rack, passenger seat and pegs, rear mud guard, front fender, windscreen, and windscreen brackets as well as levers, gps and mount bar, mirrors, and center stand. 

The questions was asked if I was going to keep it that way? Good question. Planning on racing a national enduro or two, but also I love to travel long distances. So I am not certain. But simply installing the mirrors and rear turn signal/license plate bracket gets me legal. And I can still strap on my mosko top bag on the back the way it is. I rode today on the freeway with the small number plate I made, its bearable for a couple hours. But much longer and I would want the factory windscreen because I am spoiled! ha, ha. I will say the thing feels like a different bike on and off road. Very nice.

dsc00947-001-jpg.937888

23 hours ago, Phil Le Mammouth said:

Le dude ye sur ADVRIDER.. en gros la moto pese 495lbs ready to race. ya toute enlever le gars

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-new-rally-is-an-awesome-bike-but-this-is-my-answer-to-it.1249054/

Thanks fellows! Its been over 10 years since I was in a race. So I figured I would take on the rated 4th toughest hard enduro in the world on a GSA! LOL Needless to say my old butt was exhausted from the first mile on. The bike did awesome really. And outside of a few scratches on the rear rim it was in perfect shape. The clutch was also fine, never got hot(don't know why the guy smelled clutch, but it was not mine). Next year I will come back prepared with a year of conditioning, not one week. LOL 

As to the weight......... By simply removing most everything not needed in a closed course race, and only running 1.5 gallons of fuel. I lost about 92lbs. 43 being fuel compared to the wet weight of a brand new one which is 576lbs. I then added a skunkwerks final drive proctor, and AltRider lower crash bars and skid plate. Which ended up about 495lbs ready to race. 

Items removed. All factory crash bars and skid plate, fog lights, rear turn signal and license plate support, rear upper and lower luggage rack, passenger seat and pegs, rear mud guard, front fender, windscreen, and windscreen brackets as well as levers, gps and mount bar, mirrors, and center stand. 

The questions was asked if I was going to keep it that way? Good question. Planning on racing a national enduro or two, but also I love to travel long distances. So I am not certain. But simply installing the mirrors and rear turn signal/license plate bracket gets me legal. And I can still strap on my mosko top bag on the back the way it is. I rode today on the freeway with the small number plate I made, its bearable for a couple hours. But much longer and I would want the factory windscreen because I am spoiled! ha, ha. I will say the thing feels like a different bike on and off road. Very nice.

dsc00947-001-jpg.937888

Même si j`enlève 50 lbs à ma moto elle demeure encore très lourde.....elle est obèse mais maudit qu`elle va bien !!! big_smile

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎18 at 23:06, Lonewolf said:

Avec une grosse des fois la trajectoire ne sera pas exactement ce que tu souhaites , il faut alors suivre le bike et corriger plus loin la trace . 

Aussi plus fatiguant .

J`ai perdu un peu le contrôle l`autre jour en roulant sur une grosse roche pointue cachée par l`ombre....pis quand ça part de travers une grosse Ténéré pas évident de ramener ça dans le droit chemin !!! em1100

Créez un nouveau compte ou connectez-vous pour commenter

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Inscrivez-vous pour un nouveau compte dans notre communauté. C'est facile!

Register a new account

Connexion

Vous avez déjà un compte? Connectez vous ici.

Connexion immédiate

Information importante

En utilisant ce site, vous acceptez nos Conditions d'utilisation.