All-round back tires for YZ250F

Bandman57

Was wondering what anyone would recommend for my YZ250 F as a suitable, all-round back tire. I have my eyes on a Kenda Milleville sticky -- used this tire before on a WR250F and liked it. There is another tire by Kenda that is much cheaper -- the K760 Trakmaster II on/off road. I sometimes ride on hard surfaces too ( hard track like Valleyfield ). I went to Bike Bandit website and over 25 reviews were really excellent and only one was against. The reviews spoke of all possible uses.

I do use my 250 in softer tracks like X-town and SRA Motocross. Tire cost is: $72.95 at Royal Distributing in Ontario.

Any suggestions for my YZ250 would be appreciated.

I also need new sprockets and chains as well. Want to put renthal parts on -- where can I buy these the best prices?

Thanks,

Bandman57

Both are good grip but they dont compare to top mx tires , i tried them but on differents bikes .

rear Track master were on a klr250 and did 8000 kms with more street than trail . these tires have very stiff sidewall and hard to put on

front trackmaster on Klr250 8000kms but was badly worn

Ktm530 3000kms still good thread on it but too much vibration on the road

rear Milleville on Ktm530 1000kms ....... about half trail half road thorn 3 knoobs on my first trail ride (lots of rocks ), runs smoother than the trackmaster

I had an aggressive riding with the klr250 and still do with Katoom buy with lot more power

just to compare , the bike came with a set of metzeler mce 6 day extreme , a tire over 100$ , it give a better grip than the milleville but lasted only 700kms

A lot of guys around here are using trackmaster and are happy with them

Thanks again!

I know what stiff tires are to put on -- found out with my KLR650 and Pirelli Scorpion 17 incher on the back -- what a bitch to get on!!!

19 inch tire can't be that as bad.

Still, I hope the Trakmaster will serve well as an all-round tire more for trail and motocross -- won't be on the road really.

Did you mean 800 kms or 8000km?

Bandman57

Créez un nouveau compte ou connectez-vous pour commenter

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Inscrivez-vous pour un nouveau compte dans notre communauté. C'est facile!

Register a new account

Connexion

Vous avez déjà un compte? Connectez vous ici.

Connexion immédiate

Information importante

En utilisant ce site, vous acceptez nos Conditions d'utilisation.